Neuropathy symptoms can be concerning, especially if they are new and affect the activities you try to do throughout your day. If you are wondering if you should schedule an appointment with Brett here at Complete Rehab to go over your neuropathy symptoms, here are a few signs doing so is a good idea:
- The numbness/tingling/burning/pain etc. you experience worsens on a gradual basis instead of all at once.
- Your symptoms affect both sides of your body.
- Throughout the day, or throughout the week, the numbness/tingling/burning/pain etc. seem to come and go.
- The numbness/burning etc. you experience seem to occur the most when you perform certain activities, especially repetitive ones.
- Your symptoms only affect part of a limb, like your fingers or your toes.
Before you see Brett about your neuropathy symptoms, write down what you feel and when you feel it the most. For example, if you experienced numbness in your foot on a Tuesday afternoon as you were walking around your front yard, list this experience in a journal so you have it to refer to later on. When you jot down when you experience symptoms the most and when, Brett will better be able to diagnose you and provide effective solutions for helping you cope.
At Complete Rehab, we encourage you to contact us if you experience any of the symptoms of neuropathy, as we may be able to help you without you ever having to go to your doctor. As neuropathy specialists, our goal is to help our patients maximize their performance and potential. We also accept Medicare and do not require a referral in most cases, so give us a call today!